Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a full-time Enterprise Architect in Toronto, ON! Our client, a fast-growing innovative cloud-based organization, is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic technology leader to take ownership of the design, architecture and overall future path of its lending and protection platforms.
Perks You'll Love
- Join an innovative, people-centric organization with a diverse, passionate team
- Enjoy opportunities to continuously grow, learn & advance your career
- Fantastic culture and challenging projects
What You'll Be Doing
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Gives guidance and leadership on transitioning to agile software methodologies
- Conducts and/or actively participates in meetings related to designated projects with clients and/or partners (while recommending/participating in the development of architecture blueprints for related systems)
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives
- Establishment and maintenance of contacts within business units, partners and information system programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies and alternatives, etc., being considered and/or implemented.
- Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis approaches for potential use within the Enterprise.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption
What You're Bringing
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline and 10+ years relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience as a technical lead in a major technology implementation
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Hands-on experience exposing legacy system capabilities through a structured API
- Hands-on experience evaluating UI/UX technologies for technical feasibility
- Must have understanding of best practices and design trade-offs, with the ability to communicate design choices
- Deep knowledge of SDLC processes including Continuous Integration (CI) and related source code management practices, code reviews, and test automation for regression and load testing
- Skilled in performance analysis and tuning
- Expertise in the Microsoft Technology stack (.Net, SQL, IIS)
- Strong presentation skills to make both strategic and tactical recommendations and effectively communicate with executive level stakeholders and service partners (internal and external)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate to audiences of all levels
- Self-starter, highly motivated, passionate, enthusiastic and “CAN-DO” attitude
- Experience within the financial/insurance industry is preferred (but not required)
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job