Architect, Digital Development
Full-Time Position - Toronto
Our client, located in downtown Toronto, is looking for a Digital Architect to join their growing development team. They are looking for an individual who is interested in shaping the future of big media. You will be working with a team of very smart people who have come from the start-up world and have built very cool things.
In this position, you will have the opportunity be part of re-shaping the future of digital development for a world-renown organization.
Perks You'll Love
- Joining a leading Canadian media organization
- Working from a downtown, central office close to restaurants, the subway & entertainment
- Great culture, team events & activities
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and develop software solutions to successfully integrate new solutions and components into existing software and architecture
- Contribute to the technology aspects of a strong technical team
- Act as a subject matter expert in application architecture strategy
- Contribute technical guidance to the development of applications to support business strategies
- Help the team identify and anticipate bottlenecks in application code and propose improvement
- Participate in the initial stages of projects and identify possible functionality gaps and create high level design and directions
- Prepare high level estimates for SOW
- Interact directly with stakeholders while developing and maintaining a strong on-going relationship
What You're Bringing
- Strong experience developing production-ready code
- Ability to plan, create, and communicate complex systems and architecture
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge to utilize and execute on continuous deployment and integration
- Experience optimizing applications for caching and performance
- AWS services experience, such as S3, ECS, EKS, API Gateway, CloudFront, Lambda
- Deep understanding of databases and application services (queues, caching, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of networking, security and scale
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job