Active Directory (AD) Consultant
Contract Position - Ottawa
Our client, located in Ottawa, has a 12-month contract requirement for an Active Directory (AD) Consultant to provide operational support as well as project support in implanting the required information technologies and providing technical knowledge.
This will require an estimated five (5) days of onsite effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement. You will be required to be “on-call” on a rotational basis, and on occasion will be required to perform weekend and/or weeknight work.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide IT advice on the direction, evolution and usage of technology (architectures, systems, issues, opportunities, policies and standards) related to field of expertise
- Function as a subject-matter expert in AD analysis, providing advice to employees and external contacts
- Ongoing support, maintenance and improvement of AD service, as well as for technical support, planning, coordination and administration
- Ongoing support in performance monitoring, tuning, capacity planning and prediction in the coordination and implementation of releases or changes to the AD service
- Systems maintenance, planning and implementing major software upgrades, and ensuring that change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed - Lead or participate in the planning of AD related operational changes, including cloud integrations
- Participate in the planning and execution of testing related to performance, disaster recovery and business continuity for AD
- Monitor performance and service levels by providing 24x7 support for the client's AD service
- Develop AD standards & guidelines for tech support & admin, including schema extensions
- Ongoing operational support in the provisioning/managing of users & groups (on AD tenants)
- Provide operational support in AD policies (GPO) / Rules for all environments
What You're Bringing
- Five (5) + years of demonstrated experience in relevant information technology
- A minimum of four (4) years supporting critical high availability and disaster recovery server environments
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows 2012/2016 Server infrastructure components (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows tiered application support (IIS, ASP, SQL), public key infrastructure (PKI) and scripting language (PowerShell, VBScript)
- Demonstrated experience in performance and capacity planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of the concepts and best practices related to Public Key Infrastructure and digital certificates
- Direct experience with centralized authentication mechanisms and two-factor authentication mechanisms
- University or College degree in Computer Science or information technology
Other Skills We'd Like to See
- You have the ability to meet Reliability Clearance requirements
- Strong English communication skills
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job