Web Developer (LAMP)
Full-Time Position - Toronto
Our client, a leader in interactive visual platform design, is seeking an experience full-time Web Developer to join their Toronto-based team. This is an exciting opportunity to design software that is used by award-winning entertainment companies worldwide that create visual displays for art exhibits, museum installations, theme parks, feature films, music events and virtual worlds.
Perks You'll Love
- Build software that is used by award-winning companies and technical artists in 60+ countries
- Enjoy a flexible working schedule, great culture & team-building activities
- Work from a central, downtown office in the heart of Toronto
What You'll Be Doing
- You will work closely with the whole team in creating an online ecosystem for our client's customers to promote user-generated TouchDesigner projects, allow smooth access to documentation and facilitate simple ways of sharing knowledge
- Help grow our client's architecture and infrastructure, including implementing new features, integrating the site with their core application, and managing the relationships with their outside suppliers who will remain available on a consultative basis
- In addition to bringing the technical skills below, you will bring passion, creativity, and eagerness to the role in addition to the ability to take the initiative and work independently when required
- You are able to hunker down and join a team sprint when necessary
What You're Bringing
- Significant hands-on experience with LAMP stack web application development
- A solid understanding of modern cloud DevOps strategies, code workflows, CI/CD pipelines, Git
- Expertise in developing, debugging, and performance tuning Drupal websites, themes and contributed modules
- A good grasp of security principles, network infrastructure and API architectures
- Previous experience with MediaWiki, Discourse forum software, Apache SOLR and AWS is an asset, and knowledge of Python a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job