Contract Position - Ottawa
Our client, located in Ottawa, ON, is looking for a Project Manager for a 18 month contract opportunity. For this opportunity, the client requires someone who has PM experience in the Banking sector. In this role, you will be assigned projects in various stages of the project cycle and will be required to quickly learn the project scope, schedule, status, stakeholders and risks to effectively manage the projects and see them through to a successful completion.
The projects will include: a) the design and installation of a new conveyor system, b) the development, testing and deployment of
an upgrade to the existing equipment management system and c) the completion of the request for proposals for new note processing machines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead projects and provide advice and guidance to others on matters relating to project management practices and methodologies
- Act as a central point of contact for program team and stakeholders in matters related to the assigned projects
- Use project scheduling and control tools to manage and report on project plans, schedule, risks, budget
- Provide a full range of project management expertise, developing plans and tracking mechanisms to ensure appropriate follow-up and completion of tasks
- Produce required project deliverables, including documents and artifacts required as part of the Bank’s standard project delivery methodology
- Organize and lead workshops, meetings, and presentations as required
- Collect, assess and prepare background materials for workshops, meetings and presentations
-Maintain collaborative relations with all members of the program team, including all stakeholders, to support the successful delivery of the project’s objectives
Your Skills and Experience:
- A minimum five (5) years of recent work experience in project management, including experience working with Agile project management methodology
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and evaluating at least two (2) complex request for proposals
- Project Management Professional designation (PMP)
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives concurrently, prioritize work and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks – often under pressure with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage risks in a complex program with several interdependencies
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills using the Microsoft suite of tools, including MS Project, Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in delivering infrastructure or equipment installation projects
- Ability to work effectively in a mixed accountability environment, comprised of several stakeholders, including Bank staff at all levels
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages
- must be able to meet the Bank’s Secret Clearance requirements
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job