Senior .Net/SharePoint Developer
Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a full-time Senior .Net/SharePoint Developer in Toronto, ON! Our client is looking for Senior Software Engineer with Web Portal/ Sharepoint experience in agile development environment to work on their client facing web portal. As well as being an experienced Senior Developer in this area, it would be preferred that you have prior Financial/Portal Experience.
This role will be instrumental in the technical development and technical direction of the product. These applications are developed by off-shore 3rd party vendors using Microsoft technology stack (SharePoint/.NET/SSIS/SSRS). This resource will work closely with Product Owner and Project/Scrum Manager to oversee the transition of the development of these applications from on-shore to in-house development.
Perks You'll Love
- Defined Pension plan
- Join an award-winning Global organization worth over $2.7 trillion in assets
- Generous Benefits & Bonus plans
What You'll Be Doing
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Assisting with the creation/recruiting of the Portal development team
- Assist with knowledge transition of the application from the offshore 3rd party to the internal team
- Ensuring Level 3 support for the application continues without impacting clients
- Providing insight and direction to the evolution of the application from a technology perspective
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to, and work closely with, the Product Owner and Scrum Manager to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Assist with systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Able to work without routine supervision
- A desire to remain technically capable and an expert in current technologies
Skills You're Bringing
- Proven experience developing SharePoint Web Portals (ideally in a financial domain)
- Experience with SharePoint 2013 and up (Farm Setup/Configuration, Custom Development, timer jobs, Workflow Event Receivers and SharePoint Solutions Deployment)
- 7+ years of hands on overall development experience in C# and Microsoft .net Technologies
- Experience of working with an Agile development methodology, preferably in a TDD environment with experience in Test Automation Frameworks
- Accomplished SQL Skills to include data management, mining, and modelling. Experience with SSIS and SSRS is required and experience with T-SQL and PL/SQL are strong assets.
- Well-developed analytical skills, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Accounting or financial services technical experience considered an asset, but not mandatory.
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Exemplary communication skills are a must as this role requires internal client-facing (i.e., dealing with hedge fund managers)
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Ability to convey technical concepts in layman’s terms to non-technical personnel
- High performance mind-set, with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment with multiple competing priorities
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job