Director of UX Design
Full-Time Position - Vancouver
Hiring a full-time Director of UX Design in Vancouver, BC! Our client is about to embark on a global rebranding journey, and this role will have a huge impact on their products, as they build, rebuild and reimagine what is possible. We are looking for a Director of Product Design to guide them on this journey.
In this role, you will lead a team of Product Designers on the execution of our client's brand promise through the design of their products. You will establish and develop their approach to user-centric design and a new design language. Working in collaboration with product management and engineering, you will see their vision come to life.
Perks You'll Enjoy
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
- Joining an organization that is a leader within its space & creating a platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day
- Great culture that is employee-focused, passionate and driven by high-performance
What You'll Be Doing
- End-to-end ownership of the Design team, vision, strategy, and processes
- The final decision maker on design decisions
- Own the design system and its execution throughout all of our product experiences
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other leaders to define the vision of our products and user interactions
- You will lead discovery work that drives what experience we should deliver through testing assumptions and ideas not only through qualitative user research but quantitative user research and analysis.
- Drive the creative process from start to finish, pushing us out of our comfort zone
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of 3 designers, as they define information architecture, design wireframes and mockups that adhere to UX best practices
- Ensure our user experience delivers our brand promise
- Internal champion and evangelist for the user centered design
What You're Bringing
- 10+ years experience with 5+ years of experience as a design leader
- Experience with Design Thinking, and working with agile teams
- Customer obsessed with a proven history of making data-driven decisions to prioritize and ship products successfully in a high pace environment
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills (User research, Usability Testing)
- Balanced approach to qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive creative decisions
- A strong networker, who is active in the tech and design community
- Outstanding presentation skills with a natural ability to inspire confidence both internally and share your vision
- Doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty with data and doing research
- Has direct experience in the trenches, not just managing as expected to also act as an IC when necessary
- Business savvy, can talk to executives
- Can be creative and inspirational, but ground discussions in the real world
- Strategic thinker
Other Experience We Need to See
- Human-Computer Interaction, or UX/UI/design diploma or degree
- Startup experience
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job