Small Business Controller
Full-Time Position - Mississauga
Hiring a full-time Small Business Controller in Mississauga, ON! This role will be the primary Financial/Business partner to our client's Business Unit leader supporting the team in delivering plan and forecast commitments.
Success in this role requires demonstrable experience of acting as a business partner, supporting and challenging non-finance stakeholders. As this opportunity involves constant interaction with senior non-finance stakeholders across the business, you will need the confidence and emotional intelligence to effectively communicate at all levels. The ideal candidate will have worked in the high-tech industry and will enjoy operating in an extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Perks You'll Love
- Company listed in Fortune’s Top 100 Best Companies to Work For
- On-site gym, cafeterias, and coffee bars with free snacks
- Inspired workplace with learning centers, design labs, lounges, and outdoor meeting spaces
Things You'll Work On
- Being a contributor to Business Strategy for Canada Sales & Marketing, developing resulting priorities based on robust analytics and business direction
- Being a trusted advisor to our client's Canadian senior leadership teams, proactively highlighting risk and opportunities related to business growth and optimal investment decisions or outcomes and providing business modeling and what-if scenarios
- Being a strong business partner to our client's Sales & Marketing teams leading forecasting and business analytics that ultimately drive short, medium and long term decisions in investment and outcomes
- Operating in a leader capacity, proactively influencing, leading & coaching across the Finance organization. Reporting to the Head of Finance, with no direct reports, this role is seen as the senior ‘go-to’ finance leader in the team, developing the other analysts in Canada, US and international teams through coaching
- Driving investment decisions in e-commerce that result in desired ROI and business acquisition costs for Sales & Marketing initiatives
- Exhibiting sound commercial acumen when evaluating sales channels, web & e-commerce platforms and additional ways of driving business growth
What You're Bringing
- Qualified CPA/CMA or equivalent
- Undergrad Business Degree (BBA/BCom) and/or MBA
- A min of 5+ years post qualified experience in roles supporting business decision making
- Ideally will have knowledge of SaaS/Cloud Computing
- Instrumental in providing insights and support based on sound analytics that drive business performance
- Ability to influence all levels of leadership to drive actions, behaviors, decisions and business outcomes
- Ability to lead teams to deliver exceptional results and drive business growth
- Exceptional track record of self-motivation, prioritization, initiative, and integrity
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience in presenting to business partners and senior executives with confidence, conviction, and credibility
- Advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Hyperion EssBase experience preferred, along with the ability to model and analyze complex business scenarios
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job