Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a full-time Application Architect/Lead in Toronto, ON! This role will be responsible to build scalable and flexible data platforms while an engineering group.
Perks You'll Love
- Join a cutting edge, go big or go home team with transparent culture
- Annual performance and team party
- Compensation plan includes Apple Macbook Pro/Air & Smartphone
What You'll Be Doing
- Conduct architectural reviews with one or more teams and brainstorm on methods to solve technical challenges.
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions, perform functional and code reviews in related areas within and across product engineering team.
- Prioritize and balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision.
- Establish and maintain great rapport with globally distributed development teams, Product Owners, QA and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration.
- Provide technical leadership to choose the best technologies, components and architectures for next-generation platforms.
- Be a thought leader and mentor the engineering team on technical, architectural, design and other related issues.
- Attract, recruit, and retain high quality and diverse engineering talent.
What You're Bringing
- MS or BS/B. Tech in computer science from renowned university or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of strong software design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in advanced Java, Scala, Python, or any other languages
- 3+ years of experience in data structure, data transformations, and fundamental algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of open source tools & frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies.
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, NoSQL (Dynamo, Cassandra, HBase, etc), Spark, or other distributed computing technologies.
- Should be an active contributor to developer communities like Stackoverflow, Topcoder, Github, Google Developer Groups (GDGs), Apache, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job