Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a full-time BI Engineer in Toronto, ON! This role will conduct analysis of historical data to identify trends, develop predictive models and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations.
Perks You'll Love
- Join a cutting edge, go big or go home team with transparent culture
- Annual performance and team party
- Compensation plan includes Apple Macbook Pro/Air & Smartphone
What You'll Be Doing
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends, develop predictive models and support decision making, including written and verbal presentation of results and recommendations.
- Collaborating with software development teams to design and implement analytic systems and data structures to support large-scale data analysis and delivery of machine learning and econometric models.
- Setup A/B tests and ensure measurements are setup correctly and results are reported.
- Analyzing data from logs, spark and simulation results.
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects.
What You're Bringing
- MS degree or higher in computer science engineering, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field.
- 5+ years work experience in data mining and analysis.
- SQL expert with prior success working with extremely large data sets using big data technologies like spark and hive.
- Experience with web development/automation, scripting languages, and functional programming.
- Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand requirements.
- Effective spoken and written communication to senior audiences, including strong data presentation and visualization skills.
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job