Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a full-time Data Engineer in Toronto, ON! This role will work on writing frameworks building for real time and batch pipelines, billions of events, petabytes of data and optimizing for last millisecond.
Perks You'll Love
- Join a cutting edge, go big or go home team with transparent culture
- Annual performance and team party
- Compensation plan includes Apple Macbook Pro/Air & Smartphone
What You'll Be Doing
- You have previously worked on building big data pipelines You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable and testable code part of real-time data pipeline.
- You understand how microservices work and are familiar with concepts of data modeling.
- You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before and follow the flow of data through various pipelines to debug data issues.
- You have worked with Spark and Kafka before and have experimented or heard about Flink/Druid/Ignite/Presto/Athena and understand when to use one over the other.
- On a bad day maintaining zookeeper and bringing up cluster doesn’t bother you.
- You may not be a networking expert but you understand issues with ingesting data from applications in multiple data centres across geographies, on-premise and cloud and will find a way to solve them.
- Proficient in Java/Scala/Python/Spark
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job