Contract Position - Edmonton
Hiring a Java Consultant on a 12-month contract engagement in Edmonton, AB!
Enterprise Business Solutions, our client's premier IT organization, is transforming the company to operate at the highest levels through technology. We select, deliver and implement technology to run Intuit's business units.We're looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic Finance and Compliance Technology team focused on delivering the companies next generation enterprise billing platform. Be part of the team building the APIs and services for the strategic enterprise platform using Java/Spring/Spring Boot, Tomcat, MuleSoft, JSON and Jersey.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design & develop REST APIs that interact with back end billing systems
- Resolve defects and bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
- Roughly 90% hands-on coding applying your technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
What You're Bringing
- 2+ years' experience developing web, software, or mobile applications in Java
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in design and development of SOAP and REST web services using Apache CXF or other frameworks
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Hibernate and Splunk
- Excellent verbal and written English Skills, demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical
Other Preferred Experience
- Development experience with MuleSoft
- Experience with Oracle BRM
- Experience with subscription billing and enterprise billing software
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications.
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications.
- Strong background in performance tuning
- Experience with RAML, JSON Schema or REACT desired
- Experience with cloud/Saas applications (specifically AWS)
- Incredible coding skills and programming ability way above average
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job