Contract Position - Ottawa
Our client, located in Ottawa, On., has a 8 month contract opportunity for a Test Analyst. In this position, you will be working within a
project environment using waterfall and agile methodologies to deliver test specific deliverables for an on-going program that will deliver business continuity capabilities and system resilience to reduce risk and improve overall resilience of the client while focused on the delivery of stable and recoverable business solutions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Participating in the quality assurance (QA) process, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective to initiatives and teams.
- Developing test plans and test cases to uncover defects and improve the overall quality of the infrastructure and applications.
- Preparing testing estimates that incorporate all the activities that are required to effectively test (automated or otherwise) the system.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal and external counterparts to support the team’s objectives.
- Analyzing the testing (performance, automation, manual, integration and component failure impact analysis (CFIA)) requirements for Bank applications
- Verifying and documenting test results, whether performance, automated, manual, integration or CFIA related
- Leading and participating in the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- Producing and presenting testing-related reports and information, such as requirement-based coverage, testing progress and problem areas
- Analyzing the impact of a change from a testing perspective, including time, cost and risk
- Planning for performance testing and creating performance test scripts
What You're Bringing
- Minimum of three (3) years working in project teams utilizing various methodologies, including Agile
- Minimum of (3) three years working as a testing analyst
- Demonstrated experience working in Waterfall and Agile projects
- Knowledge of Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of multi-platform environments.
- Demonstrated experience with Dell Hyper converged and Converged Infrastructure components
- Demonstrated experience working with NAS Storage infrastructure technologies such as NetApp
- Experience working with VMWare Hypervisor technologies
- Demonstrated experience with Load Balancing Technologies, such as F5 and VMware NSX
- Experience with COTS Applications, Databases, and Middleware such as Oracle, Exadata, and DataPower
- Demonstrated experience working with Data Replication technologies such as Dell EMC, Netapp, and VMWare
- Demonstrated experience with IT Service Management, Automation, and Orchestration such as VMware vRealize, Ansible, and ServiceNow
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job