Front End Developer
Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring full-time Front End Developers in Toronto, ON! In this role, you will help define, design and develop new and innovative Ecommerce ideas for our clients that will be used by millions of people. You’ll turn designs/mockups into working products and help rapidly prototype new features so we can quickly iterate on what works and what doesn’t.
Perks You'll Love
- Competitive salary & Training Opportunities for Personal Development
- Health benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible, fun, pet-friendly work environment
- Monthly team events: Game nights, Bonfire, Jay’s game, Axe-throwing and more
- Flexible work from home privileges
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with our client's team of designers to ensure their brilliant vision is delivered seamlessly into a highly optimized web and mobile experience
- Collaborating with back-end developers to create the building blocks that will allow you to deliver a gorgeous, well structured interface
- Optimizing HTML/CSS/JS code to ensure high performance interfaces
- Making the world a better place with W3C & WCAG standards
- Grow your professional repertoire by exploring new alternatives to old solutions with the help and encouragement of an all star team
Skills You're Bringing
- At least 3-5 years creative experience in consumer web design with emphasis on user experience
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop / Illustrator / Sketch
- Firm grasp of Responsive Web Design principles
- Understands the importance of web site performance and is motivated to design for extreme optimization and UX
- Ability to self manage your work load and no hesitation about raising concerns or ideas to the team
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills; equally at ease speaking with development teams or executives when articulating and advocating design concepts and rationale
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers/stakeholders in a collaborative environment
Bonus Points If You Have...
- Experience with Ecommerce / Online Shopping sites a huge plus.
- Experience with Magento, Weblinc or Shopify even better.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 (A/AA) and AODA
- Experience with task runners such as Grunt/Gulp and the creation of workflows
- Basic knowledge of PHP / Ruby on Rails
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job