Contract Position - Toronto
Hiring a DevOps Consultant on a 6-month contract engagement in Toronto, ON! We welcome consultants looking to prove themselves. This is a chance to make a huge with a leading software development organization. You are passionate about technology and have the skills to design and manage highly effective and scalable platforms.
Experience with the Following:
- Some Linux/Unix experience
- Windows 2012 Server / IIS (we are heavy users of IIS)
Other Skills You're Bringing
- Shell scripts
- Message queues (RabbitMQ / MSMQ / Kafka)
- Hadoop configuration / clustering
- Containers, such as Docker, Kubernetes, et al.
- Some experience with Windows Azure would be great as well.
- You are the subject matter expert in build orchestration, build administration, dependency management, static analysis, release management, just in time infrastructure, Cloud API, infrastructure as code, patching, security/hardening and proactive monitoring.
- You are able to stay current by putting your shoulder to the wheel and transform real applications to a devops operating model.
Other Experience We Need to See
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years’ experience with AWS
- 5+ years’ experience building and supporting large scale, business critical systems
- Experience with networking and security
- Experience with defining and implementing security controls
- Operational experience with deploying and maintaining highly available web applications and services.
- Experience with implementation of proactive monitoring tools, the creation of service dashboards, and capacity planning management
- Strong IT Operations and engineering background, preferably with financial organization background
- Strong technical background, written, verbal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and in team environments
- Capable at spotting problematic areas, analyzing solutions, and propose resolutions
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job