Machine Learning Engineer
Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a Machine Learning Engineer in Toronto, ON! Our San Fran based client, who is building-out their engineering team here in Toronto, is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join their dynamic and industry leading team. You will be working with great minds that are applying ML to the healthcare profession.
Are you passionate about solving interesting and challenging Big Data / Machine Learning (ML) / Deep Learning (DL) pipeline problems? Do you have expertise and interest in solving interesting business problems using large-scale analytics and algorithms? If yes, you could be a great fit for this opportunity. Your team performs complex analysis over large data sets and develop ML-based data science solutions using cutting edge technology.
Perks You'll Love
● Fast –paced environment
● New Development
● Dynamic team with leading industry experience
What You'll Be Doing
● Develop NLP systems that help us structure and understand biomedical information
● Work with a range of structured and unstructured data sources
● Design and build customized, large-scale cloud-based machine learning systems
● Design innovative data-acquisition and labeling systems, leveraging tools & techniques like crowdsourcing and novel active learning approaches
What You Will Bring
● Experience working on a range of ML problems, particularly NLP, Industry or academic
● Expert software development skills with a focus for building sound and scalable ML.
● A passion for Machine learning
● Good intuition for understanding what good research looks like, and where we should focus effort to maximize outcomes
● TensorFlow or Theano Deep Learning frameworks
● Open-source NLP toolkits like Stanford CoreNLP or OpenNLP
● Developing and improving core NLP components--not just grabbing things off the shelf
● Managing large-scale crowd-sourcing data labelling and acquisition (Amazon Turk, Crowdflower, etc.)
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job