Full-Time Position - Toronto
Hiring a Data Engineer-Machine Learning in Toronto, ON! Our San Fran based client, who is building-out their engineering team here in Toronto, is looking for a Data Pipeline Engineer to join their dynamic and industry leading team. You will be working with great minds that are applying ML to the healthcare profession.
Are you passionate about solving interesting and challenging Big Data / Machine Learning (ML) / Deep Learning (DL) pipeline problems? Do you have expertise and interest in solving interesting business problems using large-scale analytics and algorithms? If yes, you could be a great fit for this opportunity. Your team performs complex analysis over large data sets and develop ML-based data science solutions using cutting edge technology.
Perks You'll Love
- Fast –paced environment
- New Development
- Dynamic team with leading industry experience
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop data infrastructure to ingest, sanitize and normalize a broad range of medical data
- Build effective and expressive interfaces to the data
- Build infrastructure to scale up data ingest, as well as large-scale cloud-based machine learning
What You Will Bring
- Experience building data pipelines
- Hands-on experience building and scaling up compute clusters
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark
- Strong knowledge and understanding of databases
- A unique combination of creative and analytic skills capable of designing a system capable of pulling together, training, and testing dozens of data sources
- Experience working with NLP toolkits like Stanford CoreNLP, OpenNLP, and/or Python’s NLTK
- Experience with tools such as Amazon Turk or DeepDive
- Experience with healthcare data and/or HIPAA
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job