Full-Time Position - Toronto - Last Updated: Thu, April 20 2017
Our client is hiring a Drupal Backend Developer in Toronto, ON with a focus on building a scalable platform. The developer in this position should be able to add new features to our system by using third party modules and writing new custom modules. They will also be responsible for responding to customer inquiries about site performance / bugs, coding fixes, working with QA to test and ensuring platform stability and by that, you must be capable of reading our existing custom modules, understand what it’s doing and apply that knowledge to fixing bugs when necessary.
Our preferred candidate is someone who is dynamic, energetic, diligent and motivated to help build our back-end solution. We are looking for someone who can always learn something new, share his ideas and help us enhance our system to become more stable. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to lead, learn, and gain incredible exposure to mobile, web and systems development.
If you are eager to work and test the latest technologies, to push our brand new, global mobile product, and ultimately be part of our exciting growth, we are eager to hear from you!
PERKS YOU'LL LOVE:
● Be part of a core team, in an organization that’s at the cusp of rapid growth, with an opportunity to reap the long-term benefits.
● Significant growth opportunities in terms of leading, taking on responsibilities and gaining valuable experience through a first-of-its-kind platform.
● Work with a highly driven, motivated team that works & plays hard.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● 3 years of development experience working as a backend developer with PHP language
● Experience with OOP design and development is required
● 2 year of back end development experience with Drupal 7. Knowledge of core Drupal APIs (Form API, Database API, Field API) and Entities ● Experience using contrib module as well writing custom modules by making use of Drupal API
● Strong knowledge on the use of Databases, a bonus for MySQL DB. The candidate must be able to read and write complex queries and tuning performance
● Experience working on a Linux environment
● Must be able to user terminal commands, install and configure applications, services and search for errors on system log files, etc.
● Experience working with revision control systems, specifically GIT. Knowing how to branch, commit, push, pull are all sufficient but if you know the difference between merge and merge no-ff, know what it means to rebase - i and git blame, you're golden
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills
● Good understanding of the concept web services (RESTful and SOAP)
● Experience integrating system with web services is a plus
● Fast learner and problem-solver
Nice to have:
● Experience writing Unit tests, especially for Drupal with tools like simpletest
● Experience using or setting up a Continuous Integration Environment
● Experience creating database function and store procedure
● Experience with Drupal Commerce
● Experience with Drupal Services module
● Scaling and optimizing Drupal for high traffic sites
● Experience debugging, especially using debug tools (e.g. Xdebug)
● Experience in all phases of Agile Development Life Cycle
● Experience with Nginx or Apache an asset
● Experience writing JavaSript code using JQuery
BONUS POINTS FOR:
● Acquia Cloud
● Experience with Rails, Django, Symfony, Java EE or any other web development framework
● Experience with service oriented architecture
● Experience using the Slow Query Log
● Knowledge of Shell Script
● Experience using Jira
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job