Contract Position - Toronto - Last Updated: Wed, April 19 2017
Hiring a contract Test Engineer in Toronto, ON! This is a 6-month contract opportunity in Toronto for our client in the media processing/streaming sector. It requires a minimum of 3 years' of experience in testing distributed back-end software solutions in a Java/UNIX environment.
Do you have experience reading/writing JSON/XML documents and testing and analyzing HTTP requests/responses? If so, this Test Engineer role could be a perfect fit for you!
Perks You'll Love
● Work on new development projects
● Collaborative environment
● Dynamic team with leading industry experience
● Solve and Troubleshoot complex testing problems for back-end systems/platforms
● Create test plans and test cases based on requirements, risk analysis and/or discussions with developers and architects
● Execute and troubleshoot test suites and generate appropriate documentation and test reports
● Provide verbal and written testing status updates to Project Management and Stakeholders
● Participate in Agile sprint planning, estimation, retrospective sessions and provide constructive feedback
● Foster and maintain good relationships with the development teams to ensure appropriate feature documentation, testability and test coverage
Required Skills & Background
● Minimum 3 years of experience in testing distributed backend software solutions in a Java/UNIX environment
● Minimum 1 year of experience in decomposing complex requirements, blackbox behaviour and creating high quality test cases with emphasis on behaviour
● Experience reading/writing JSON/XML documents
● Experience testing and analyzing HTTP requests/responses
● Experience using UNIX systems for basic non-expert tasks
● Experience authoring and executing SQL queries \r\n\u25cf Experience with rapid ramp-up on new concepts and technology
● Exposure to Video processing and streaming concepts specifically for Mobile and Web platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Canadian Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in Canada. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job